HSBC Personal Loan Review
HSBC offers personal loans to be repaid over two to five years. The bank offers a wide range of funding amounts, with extra funding available to existing HSBC customers. Interest rates are competitive, and you can get funding quickly.
What we like:
HSBC makes funding available very quickly so you can get access to fast cash when you need it
|Rates (APR)||Starting as low as [hsbc-perl-1566-alllow]|
|Loan Amounts||[hsbc-perl-1566-amountlow] to [hsbc-perl-1566-amounthigh]|
- Borrow up to hsbc-perl-1566-newcustamounthigh if you are not a current customer of the bank and as much as hsbc-perl-1566-amounthigh if you are an existing HSBC customer.
- You could get funds as soon as the next business day when you apply online as a new HSBC customer.
- Loan repayment terms range from hsbc-perl-1566-termlengthrange_y.
Personal loans can be used for nearly any purpose you like, which makes them a very flexible and popular kind of loan. Many people use them for debt consolidation, home improvements, or to finance big purchases without the high interest rates that most credit cards charge.
HSBC is a major international bank offering a wide variety of financial products including bank accounts, credit cards, and investment services. It began offering personal loans jointly with Avant in 2019.
This review will tell you everything you need to know about HSBC Personal Loans, so you can decide if they’re the right option for you.
In this review:
- By the Numbers: HSBC Personal Loans
- Pros & Cons of HSBC Personal Loans
- Eligibility & Application: How to Get an HSBC Loan
- Not Satisfied? Check Out These Alternatives
By the numbers: HSBC Personal Loans
|New HSBC customers||Existing HSBC customers|
|Loan amounts||hsbc-perl-1566-amountlow – $30,000||hsbc-perl-1566-amountlow – hsbc-perl-1566-amounthigh|
Pros & cons of HSBC Personal Loans
- Funding is very fast—you can get your money as soon as the next business day.
- Existing HSBC customers can qualify for larger loans and lower interest rates.
- You can complete the application process online and find out your rates and terms quickly. (Existing HSBC customers must apply at a branch.)
- There are no annual fees, no origination fees, and no payment is due within the first 50 days of opening your account.
- Loan amounts start at hsbc-perl-1566-amountlow, while some other lenders allow you to borrow less.
- If you’re not an HSBC customer, you’re limited to borrowing $30,000, which may not be enough for some. Many competitors offer larger loan amounts.
- Interest rates are competitive, but there are some online-only lenders that offer lower starting rates.
Eligibility & application: How to get an HSBC loan
New customers can apply for an HSBC loan quote online in a matter of minutes—without impacting their credit score. If you decide to go through with the loan application, you can complete the entire process online. Existing customers, however, are prompted to apply at a local HSBC branch.
HSBC does not disclose its minimum credit score or income requirements, but borrowers must be at least 18-years old to qualify. After getting approved, you may be able to receive funding as soon as the next business day.
The timeline for receiving funds varies depending on whether you are an existing or new HSBC customer and depending on how quickly you can provide the requested financial information. As soon as your loan is approved, the money will be deposited into your account.
Other info you need to apply
In order to apply for a personal loan with HSBC, there is some basic information that you may need to provide. This includes:
- Proof of a U.S. residential address
- Proof of income
- For new HSBC customers, a bank statement from an active checking, savings, or certificate of deposit account with any U.S. financial institution.
While an HSBC Personal Loan can be an ideal choice for existing HSBC customers, it isn’t the right option for everyone.
You should always compare quotes from several of the best personal loan lenders to ensure you’re getting a good deal.
How we rated the HSBC Personal Loan
The HSBC Personal Loan received a rating of 3.42 / 5.00. LendEDU ranked and rated 37 different personal loan lenders based on a weighted average of 16 different data points. You can read more about our methodology here.3.42 HSBC Personal Loan
Author: Christy Rakoczy
Your Guide to Financial Freedom
Money tips, advice, and news once a week
Join the LendEDU newsletter!Thanks for submitting!Please Enter a valid email
Personal Loans Information
Personal Loan Reviews