24PetWatch offers pet insurance and microchipping services for dogs and cats. They have a simple online application process, but their age requirements are narrower than those of other insurance companies and they have a number of bad online reviews.
Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
- Four plan options to help you get the right coverage for your pet
- Wellness plans are available for an additional cost
- Pet protection services are available to help you reunite with a lost pet
24PetWatch Pet Insurance
24PetWatch Pet Insurance
What we like:
Simple online application process
|Age Restrictions||8 weeks – 12 years|
|Deductible||$100, $250, $500, or $1,000|
|Reimbursement||Up to 80%|
|Benefit Limit||$3,000 – $20,000|
Pet insurance has become a common expense for pet owners who want to make sure they’re covered if their furry friend runs into trouble. If you’re searching for pet insurance options, 24PetWatch may be one provider you find.
Not only do they offer pet insurance for your dog or your cat, but they also offer wellness coverage and pet protection services which will help reunite you with your animal should they get lost. Here’s our 24PetWatch pet insurance review.
In this review:
- 24PetWatch overview
- How much does 24PetWatch insurance cost?
- What does 24PetWatch insurance cover?
- Pros and cons
- How to get a policy
|Extra Plan||$3,000||Up to 80%||$100 or $250|
|Classic Plan||$5,000||Up to 80%||$100 – $500|
|Super Plan||$10,000||Up to 80%||$100 – $1,000|
|Champion Plan||$20,000||Up to 80%||$100 – $1,000|
24PetWatch offers pet insurance for dogs and cats. There are four plan tiers offered, all of which offer the same services and treatments, but vary based on the amount of coverage offered.
Coverage levels range from $3,000 per policy term to $20,000 per policy term. Depending on the plan selected, the waiting period for illnesses ranges from 14 days to 30 days. There is no waiting period for accidents.
Pre-existing medical conditions are generally not covered. An exception may be made if the pet hasn’t shown any symptoms for 24 months prior to the policy coverage’s effective date.
How much does 24PetWatch insurance cost?
24PetWatch doesn’t publish premium ranges on their website, but they do offer instant quotes based on one of their four coverage levels: extra, classic, super, and champion.
The cost will vary by location, breed, and insurance policy selected, but to get an idea of the cost, we requested a quote for a two-year-old Labrador retriever living in California with no pre-existing conditions. The premiums ranged from $50 per month for the lowest coverage level with a $250 deductible to $105 per month for the highest coverage level with a $100 deductible.
We also requested a quote for a two-year-old American Shorthair cat living in California with no pre-existing conditions. The premiums ranged from $28 per month for the lowest coverage level with a $250 deductible to $57 per month for the highest coverage level with a $100 deductible.
What does 24PetWatch insurance cover?
All 24PetWatch plans cover:
- Exam and diagnostic fees
- Hospitalization and surgeries
- Physical and rehabilitation therapies
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Lab tests, x-rays, and ultrasounds
- Medications and therapeutic diets
- Alternative treatments
- Boarding kennel and cattery fees (up to $500 per incident)
- Trip cancellations (up to $500 per incident)
- Additional living expenses (up to $500 per incident)
- Lost pet recovery costs (up to $500 per incident)
Additional wellness coverage can be added for things like dental cleanings and vaccines.
What else does 24PetWatch offer?
24PetWatch also offers pet protection services to help you reunite with your pet if they are lost.
When someone finds your lost pet, they can call the DirectConnect service and provide the microchip details for the found animal. 24PetWatch will then contact you and connect you with the finder so you can arrange to get your pet.
Pros & cons of 24PetWatch pet insurance
- Wellness coverage is an optional add-on
- Four plan coverage levels from which to choose
- Your pet can see any licensed veterinarian in the U.S. or Canada
- There is no waiting period for accidents
- The waiting period for illness is from 14 to 30 days, depending on the plan
- Upper age limit (10 years for dogs and 12 years for cats) is lower than many other pet health insurance options
- They have a number of bad customer reviews mainly due to poor customer service, their DirectConnect service, and high policy costs
How to get a 24PetWatch policy
- 24PetWatch offers policies in the US and Canada
- Eligible animals must be at least 8 weeks old
- Dogs must be younger than 10 years old and cats younger than 12 years old to qualify
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for a 24PetWatch pet insurance plan, it’s easy to do. Simply head to their website to get a quote. You’ll just need your pet’s name, birthday, and breed information.
Once you select a plan you can check out and pay for it by setting up a monthly recurring payment or by paying the annual amount.
Where to find alternatives
There are a number of pet insurance companies on the market as well as pet wellness plans, so if you’re not sure if 24PetWatch is right for you, you have other options to consider. Read our guide to the best pet insurance companies to compare top-rated providers.
If cost is a priority, see our guide to cheap pet insurance companies to find the most affordable options.
Author: Erica Gellerman