According to LendEDU’s average student loan debt statistics, there are 44.5 million student loan borrowers in the United States. These borrowers combine for $1.61 trillion in outstanding student loan debt.
Because of this, student loan policies have become a hot topic during presidential elections. For the 2020 presidential election, this is no different.
To keep help borrowers keep up with these proposals and current policies, we have put together a list of pages across our website that discuss these student loan policies in detail.
Student Loan Policy Directory
Click on a topic in the list below to learn more.
- How the Student Loan Ombudsman Can Help (5/29/2019)
- Understanding the Statue of Limitations on Student Loans (1/15/2019)
- Student Loan Deferment for Active Cancer Treatment Act of 2017 (11/20/2017)
- Student Loans and Gainful Employment (9/15/2017)
- Bernie Sanders on Student Loan Debt (8/17/2017)
- Trump, DeVos, and Student Loan Debt Survey (2/13/2017)
- Donald Trump’s Student Loan Plan (12/12/2016)
- Redisclosure Practices: Impact on Student Loan Borrowers (10/17/2016)
- August Poll Finds Student Debtors Support Hilary Clinton (8/23/2016)
- Survey Finds Student Debtors Think Student Debt is Bigger Threat Than ISIS (6/2/2016)
- Who Do Student Loan Borrowers Want to Win the Election (2/15/2016)
- Obama Student Loan Forgiveness (1/6/2016)
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Your Guide to Financial Freedom
Money tips, advice, and news once a week
Join the LendEDU newsletter!Thanks for submitting!Please Enter a valid email
Student Loan Guides
Student Loan Reviews