Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
- Axos Bank doesn’t disclose the rates on their personal loans, so you’ll have to apply online to see what rate you’d pay.
- While the lender’s loan amounts and term lengths are fairly standard, prospective borrowers would be wise to consider other options as well and compare rate quotes.
Axos Bank is a digital bank that offers a full line of financial services, including checking and savings accounts, CDs, IRAS, auto loans, mortgages, and personal loans.
The online personal loan industry is a crowded space, with many options to consider. This Axos personal loan review will take a look at what Axos Bank has to offer so you can decide if it’s right for you.
In this review:
- Axos personal loans: At a glance
- Pros & cons of an Axos personal loan
- Applying for an Axos Bank Personal Loan
- Where to find Axos personal loan alternatives
Axos personal loans: At a glance
|Axos Bank personal loans|
|Loan amounts||axosbank-perl-1039-amountlow – axosbank-perl-1039-amounthigh|
Personal loans through Axos Bank don’t require any collateral. That’s great news for people who need money quickly but have nothing with which to secure the loan.
Axos doesn’t disclose its personal loan rates online—you’ll have to apply and get a rate quote to find out what you may pay.
However, it does state that you can borrow up to axosbank-perl-1039-amounthigh for up to axosbank-perl-1039-termlengthhigh_y, and there will be no prepayment penalties if you want to pay off your loan early.
Pros & cons of an Axos personal loan
- The online application is easy to complete, and applicants usually receive a quick preliminary response. It can be a lot faster than applying for a personal loan with a traditional bank.
- Axos offers a mobile banking app that will help you manage your accounts on the go.
- Axos offers a little more flexibility compared to other lenders when it comes to the length of your loan. It offers repayment terms as short as one year, whereas some lenders have a minimum loan term of three years.
- Axos Bank reviews cite a professional and courteous customer support staff, with loan officers available to talk you through the application and approval process.
- Axos personal loans can be used for several purposes, including debt consolidation, home improvement, vacation, moving or relocation, and more.
- Axos Bank offers a range of other services, including interest checking, cashback checking, rewards checking, money market accounts, certificate of deposit, home loans, and home equity lines of credit, so you could use this bank as your central base for managing your finances.
- The bank doesn’t publicly display its APR ranges, which means applicants won’t know what they can expect unless they apply. With LendingTree, you can get offers from several lenders at once. So, if you’re concerned about getting a high interest rate from Axos, you can go this route instead.
- If you’d rather skip the middleman and apply for a personal loan at a place that is forthcoming about its APR range, you could opt for SoFi. If you’re accepted for a personal loan with SoFi, you’ll get an APR between sofi-perl-36-alllow% to sofi-perl-36-allhigh%.
- Axos won’t allow you to borrow less than axosbank-perl-1039-amountlow, so if you’re looking to borrow a smaller amount, you’ll need to turn to a lender offering smaller personal loans. Similarly, Axos’ loans only go up to axosbank-perl-1039-amounthigh, so if you’re looking for a $100,000 loan, consider these options instead.
Applying for an Axos Bank personal loan
During the application process, you will have to disclose what category you believe your credit score to be in (excellent, good, fair, or poor). While you have the best chance with excellent or good credit, you may still qualify for an Axos personal loan with fair credit.
>> Read More: Personal loans for bad credit
If you’re worried you won’t qualify for a loan and don’t want to damage your credit further, rest easy. Your preliminary application only does a soft credit inquiry, which won’t impact your score. Axos will, however, do a hard pull if you choose to continue with your application.
To get started, you’ll request your loan amount, create an account, and give all the details the company needs to make its decision about you. It will take just a few minutes, and you should have a valid ID and your Social Security number handy.
Axos personal loans can be funded in as little as two business days upon acceptance of your final loan offer, although the time between when the bank receives and reviews your application and when it makes you a firm offer varies.
You can speed up how quickly you’ll get your money by getting Axos all the information or forms it requests in a timely fashion. The longer you delay getting those materials to the bank, the longer it will take to receive your personal loan funds.
Where to find Axos personal loan alternatives
It may be worth applying for an Axos loan to see what kind of rate you’ll be offered. But you may find better options with other lenders, so it’s always smart to get a few quotes and compare them. Our guide to the best personal loans is a great place to start comparing options.
Author: Shannon Serpette
Personal Loans Information
Personal Loan Reviews