Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
What we like:
Excellent customer reviews
|Availability||Nationwide for individuals and businesses|
|Minimum tax debt||$10,000|
|Consultation||Free by calling (844) 844-2452|
|Staff||Licensed tax professionals|
The Tax Hardship Center offers assistance to individuals and businesses dealing with tax issues, both at the federal and state level. The company serves residents of all 50 U.S. states and can help those with delinquent taxes, tax penalties, tax liens, bank levies, wage garnishments, payroll taxes, and more. The Tax Hardship Center also provides tax preparation services for businesses and individuals.
Are you considering using the Tax Hardship Center for your tax-related needs? Here’s what you need to know.
In this review:
- What services does Tax Hardship Center offer
- How much does Tax Hardship Center cost?
- How much can Tax Hardship Center save me?
- Pros & cons of Tax Hardship Center
- The Tax Hardship Center process
- Tax Hardship Center reputation and accreditations
- Frequently asked questions about Tax Hardship Center
What services does Tax Hardship Center offer
The Tax Hardship Center can help with any number of tax-debt related problems and difficulties.
Here’s a quick look at some of the services the company offers:
- Back tax-debt and unfiled tax return resolution: The Center can help you resolve these issues by providing tax relief solutions.
- Help with tax liens, bank levies, tax penalties, and wage garnishments: The Center works quickly and aggressively to protect clients from IRS/State collection departments.
- Tax audit representation: If you’re being audited, the Center can take over all communication with the taxing authority and represent your interests.
- Tax preparation: The Center can file current and paste due years for individual, business, or payroll taxes.
Though the Center’s location is physically located in California, the Center works remotely to service residents in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
How much does Tax Hardship Center cost?
Your initial consultation with the Tax Hardship Center is free. If you decide to use the Center’s services for tax relief, prices start at $495 and go up, depending on your services and the tax issues with which you’re dealing. The services come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Every client receives a customized case quote after their initial consult. According to the Center’s website, the average fee paid by a client is $3,750 to resolve their tax problem.
How much can Tax Hardship Center save me?
There’s no hard-and-fast number for how much the Center can save you, but according to customer reviews, many clients come away owing less than expected on their tax debts. As past client Susan noted, “This company did it all—stopped the IRS from going into my bank account and helped me pay less than I owed.”
Pros & cons of Tax Hardship Center
The biggest benefit to using a service like the Tax Hardship Center is that they handle everything on your behalf. Dealing with tax issues can be very time-consuming and often requires hours on the phone and lots of research—especially if you’re not well-versed in tax law or IRS policy.
When you employ the Tax Hardship Center, they’ll become your Power of Attorney and can handle all IRS matters on your behalf moving forward.
The Center also offers a 14-day money-back guarantee and has glowing reviews from most of its past customers.
On the downside, the Tax Hardship Center may not take on your case if your tax debt is less than $10,000. The fees can often be high, too. According to the Center itself, the average client pays just under $4,000 for its services.
- No work required from you
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- Positive client reviews and ratings
- No maximum tax debt
- Can also assist with tax preparation
- Need at least $10,000 in tax debt to qualify
- The average customer pays $3,750 to resolve their tax-debt issues
The Tax Hardship Center process
If you’re interested in working with the Tax Hardship Center, the process is pretty simple.
You’ll need to:
- Take the Center’s qualification quiz. This will let you know if you’re a good candidate for the Center’s services.
- Call now and receive a free consultation. The Center will use this time to discuss your needs and assess your tax issues.
- You’ll then be quoted a retainer fee. If you opt to move forward, you’ll have the opportunity to set up a payment plan.
- Enable Power of Attorney. This allows the Center to work with the IRS on your behalf.
- The Center will take your case from there. Stay in touch with your agent in case they need anything.
>> Ready to see if you qualify? Visit the Tax Hardship Center website.
Tax Hardship Center reputation and accreditations
The Tax Hardship Center comes highly rated by the Better Business Bureau. As of July 2020, the Center has an A+ rating and only two filed complaints with over eight years in business. On Trustpilot, they have 4.7 stars out of 5. Trustpilot ratings are based on customer reviews.
The Center’s CEO, Arian Azimzadeh, is also a designated “Enrolled Agent.” This is the top-level credential the IRS offers.
Frequently asked questions about Tax Hardship Center
Naturally, you may have questions about the Tax Hardship Center before using its services. Use the below FAQ to help guide you:
- What type of tax debt can the Tax Hardship Center help with? They can assist with both state and federal taxes. The Center can also help you prepare and file your personal, business, and payroll tax returns.
- How much tax debt do I need to work with the Center? The Tax Hardship Center prefers clients that have at least $10,000 in tax debt.
- Do I need professional assistance like the Center’s or can I handle my tax debts myself? You can certainly attempt to resolve your tax issues on your own, though it typically requires a lot of time and energy. If you’re facing large amounts of tax debt, it’s often best to use a professional who knows the ins and outs of the system and can maximize your chances of success.
- Does the Tax Hardship Center represent businesses, too? Yes, if your business is facing tax trouble, the Center offers services to help. Business tax preparation is also available.
- Does it really work? While we haven’t used the Tax Hardship Center ourselves, customer reviews are largely positive about its services. On Trustpilot, past clients have given the Center 4.7 stars out of 5.
Where to find alternatives to Tax Hardship Center
The Tax Hardship Center isn’t your only option if you’re dealing with tax problems. To ensure you’re getting the best service at the best rate, always consider at least a few providers. To compare options, you can check out our guide to the best tax relief firms.
Ready to see if you qualify? Check out the Tax Hardship Center website.
Starting at $495
Minimum Debt Required
Author: Aly Yale