What we like:
Excellent customer reviews
|Availability||Nationwide for individuals and businesses|
|Minimum tax debt||$10,000|
|Consultation||Free by calling (844) 332-3001|
|Staff||Licensed tax professionals|
The Tax Hardship Center assists individuals and businesses dealing with tax issues at the federal and state levels. The company serves residents of all 50 U.S. states and can help those with delinquent taxes, tax penalties, tax liens, bank levies, wage garnishments, payroll taxes, and more. The Tax Hardship Center also provides tax preparation services for businesses and individuals.
Are you considering using the Tax Hardship Center for your tax-related needs? Here’s what you need to know.
In this review:
- What services does Tax Hardship Center offer
- How much does Tax Hardship Center cost?
- How much can Tax Hardship Center save me?
- Pros & cons of Tax Hardship Center
- The Tax Hardship Center process
- Tax Hardship Center reputation and accreditations
- FAQ about Tax Hardship Center
What services does Tax Hardship Center offer
The Tax Hardship Center can help with tax-debt-related problems and difficulties.
Here’s a quick look at services the company offers:
- Back tax debt and unfiled tax return resolution: The Center can help you resolve these issues by providing tax relief solutions.
- Help with tax liens, bank levies, tax penalties, and wage garnishments: The Center works quickly and aggressively to protect clients from IRS or state collection departments.
- Tax audit representation: If you’re being audited, the Center can take over all communication with the taxing authority and represent your interests.
- Tax preparation: The Center can file current and past-due years for individual, business, or payroll taxes.
The Center is located in California but works remotely to service residents in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
How much does Tax Hardship Center cost?
Your initial consultation with the Tax Hardship Center is free. If you decide to use the Center’s services for tax relief, prices start at $495 and go up depending on your services and the tax issues you’re dealing with. The services come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Every client receives a customized case quote after their initial consult. According to the Center’s website, the average client fee is $3,750.
How much can Tax Hardship Center save me?
There’s no hard and fast number for how much the Center can save you, but according to customer reviews, many clients come away owing less than expected on their tax debts. As past client Susan noted, “This company did it all—stopped the IRS from going into my bank account and helped me pay less than I owed.”
Pros & cons of Tax Hardship Center
The biggest benefit to using a service such as the Tax Hardship Center is that it handles everything on your behalf. Dealing with tax issues can be time-consuming, requiring hours on the phone and extensive research—especially if you’re not well-versed in tax law or IRS policy.
When you employ the Tax Hardship Center, it becomes your Power of Attorney and can handle all IRS matters on your behalf.
The Center also offers a 14-day money-back guarantee and has glowing reviews from past customers.
On the downside, the Tax Hardship Center may not take on your case if your tax debt is less than $10,000. The fees can often be high, too. According to the Center, the average client pays just under $4,000 for its services.
No work required from you
14-day money-back guarantee
Positive client reviews and ratings
No maximum tax debt
Can also assist with tax preparation
Need at least $10,000 in tax debt to qualify
The average customer pays $3,750 to resolve their tax-debt issues
The Tax Hardship Center process
The process is simple if you want to work with the Tax Hardship Center.
You’ll need to:
- Take the Center’s qualification quiz. This will let you know whether you’re a suitable candidate for the Center’s services.
- Call for a free consultation. The Center will use this time to discuss your needs and assess your tax issues.
- Get a quite for a retainer fee. If you opt to move forward, you’ll have the opportunity to set up a payment plan.
- Enable Power of Attorney. This allows the Center to work with the IRS on your behalf.
- The Center will take your case from there. Stay in touch with your agent in case they need anything.
>> Ready to see whether you qualify? Visit the Tax Hardship Center website.
Tax Hardship Center reputation and accreditations
The Tax Hardship Center rates well with the Better Business Bureau. As of May 2023, the Center has an A+ rating and a customer review score of 4.49 out of five stars. Seven consumers have filed complaints in the last three years.
On Trustpilot, it has 4.7 stars out of 5. Trustpilot ratings are based on customer reviews.
The Center’s CEO, Arian Azimzadeh, is also a designated “Enrolled Agent.” This is the top-level credential the IRS offers.
FAQ about Tax Hardship Center
You may have questions about the Tax Hardship Center before using its services. Use the below FAQ to help guide you:
- What type of tax debt can the Tax Hardship Center help with? It can assist with state and federal taxes. The Center can also help you prepare and file your personal, business, and payroll tax returns.
- How much tax debt do I need to work with the Center? The Tax Hardship Center prefers clients with at least $10,000 in tax debt.
- Do I need professional assistance like the Center’s, or can I handle my tax debts myself? You can attempt to resolve your tax issues on your own. Just know it can require significant time and energy. If you’re facing large amounts of tax debt, it’s often best to use a professional who knows the ins and outs of the system and can maximize your chances of success.
- Does the Tax Hardship Center represent businesses, too? Yes. If your business is facing tax trouble, the Center offers services to help. Business tax preparation is also available.
- Does it really work? We haven’t used the Tax Hardship Center ourselves, but its customer reviews are positive. On Trustpilot, clients have given the Center 4.7 stars out of 5.
Where to find alternatives to Tax Hardship Center
The Tax Hardship Center isn’t your only option for dealing with tax problems. To ensure you’re getting the best service at the best rate, always consider several providers. To compare options, you can check out our guide to the best tax relief firms.
Ready to see whether you qualify? Check out the Tax Hardship Center website.
- Costs: Starting at $495
- Free consultation? Yes
- Minimum debt required: $10,000