Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
- True 100% Money-Back Guarantee, if they are unable to leave you in a better position with your tax debt after using their services.
- Pricing starts at $250
- Good for people with significant tax debt and who cannot negotiate with the IRS directly
Taxes can be complicated. It’s easy to make a mistake and underpay. Even if you file your taxes correctly, you might find yourself with an unexpectedly high tax bill and no way to pay it. If this happens, you could face significant penalties and, ultimately, tax debt.
Anthem Tax Services is a company that specializes in helping people resolve issues with tax debt or back taxes, while also offering tax preparation services.
In this review:
- What Anthem Tax Services offers
- How much does Anthem cost?
- How much can Anthem save me?
- Pros & cons of Anthem Tax Services
- How Anthem’s services work
- Anthem Tax Services’ reputation and accreditations
- Frequently asked questions about Anthem Tax Services
- Where to find alternatives to Anthem Tax Services
What Anthem Tax Services offers
Anthem Tax Services’ specialty is helping people with significant tax debt resolve their issues with the IRS. Anthem uses multiple strategies, such as getting back taxes declared uncollectible, establishing payment plans, or negotiating offers in compromise.
The full list of services offered includes:
- Corporate tax preparation: Anthem Tax Services can help corporations file their taxes to minimize errors and maximize the deductions they can take, ensuring the lowest possible tax bill.
- Currently not collectible: The company can negotiate with the IRS to get the IRS to declare your tax debt currently not collectible based on your financial situation. This stops collection actions like wage garnishments, helping you pay your living expenses.
- Freedom of Information Act: Anthem Tax Services can help you file Freedom of Information Act requests to get important tax documents that can help you make your case to the IRS.
- Fresh Start Forgiveness: This service helps you take advantage of the Fresh Start Initiative, which lets you spread your tax debt payments over a period of up to six years.
- Garnishment and levy release: If the IRS is garnishing your wages or taking other aggressive collection actions, Anthem can help put an end to these actions, freeing up your income to cover living expenses.
- Installment agreement: If you need time to repay your back taxes, Anthem can help negotiate a payment plan with the IRS on your behalf.
- Offer in compromise: If you own too much to the IRS to be able to pay the full amount of tax debt that you have, Anthem can negotiate with the IRS to help you settle your debt for less than the full amount owed.
- Penalty abatement: If you fail to pay your taxes, you can incur interest costs and penalties. Anthem Tax Services can help get the IRS to waive these fees, reducing the amount you owe.
- Unfiled returns: If you failed to file a tax return in a previous year, Anthem Tax Services can help you file these returns.
How much does Anthem cost?
Anthem Tax Services’ pricing starts at $250, but most customers pay more. The more complex your tax situation and the more you owe to the IRS, the more you’ll typically pay to work with Anthem.
For example, someone who has a small amount of tax debt and needs help establishing a payment plan will likely pay a relatively low fee. Someone experiencing wage garnishment who needs to negotiate penalty abatement and an offer in compromise on significant back taxes owed may pay significantly more.
The company offers free consultations, so you can reach out and get an idea of how much Anthem can help and how much the service will cost. They also offer payment plans to qualifying clients.
Given that pricing starts at $250, you’ll need to have significant tax debt before you can save money by working with Anthem Tax Services.
How much can Anthem save me?
The amount that Anthem can help you save varies with several factors, but most significantly with the amount that you owe to the IRS. The more you owe, the more that the company can potentially save you.
On Anthem’s website, it lists some examples, including customers that have saved more than $10,000 by working with Anthem. However, every situation is unique, so it’s important to get a clear idea of your potential savings during your consultation.
For example, someone who gets an offer in compromise approved by the IRS may settle their back taxes for less than they owe. However, setting up a payment plan will let that person pay less each month, but they might pay more overall when interest and other fees are included.
Pros & cons of Anthem Tax Services
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee
- Get help dealing with the IRS
- Potentially settle for less than you owe
- Free consultation
- No clear pricing on their website
- Potentially high cost for complex tax situations
How Anthem’s services work
Working with Anthem Tax Service involves a multi-step process before you can resolve your tax issues.
- Call for your free consultation.
- Discuss your tax situation with a tax professional to see what type of assistance you may qualify for, and how much their services will cost.
- Accept or edit the plan, and agree to the fee Anthem will charge.
- Submit financial and tax documents to your assigned resolution specialist.
- Anthem contacts the IRS and negotiates on your behalf.
- Follow the plan until your tax debt is resolved.
>> To apply for tax relief, check out Anthem Tax Services’ website.
Anthem Tax Services’ reputation and accreditations
Anthem Tax Services has a solid reputation. The company has an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau and a customer rating of 4 stars out of 5. Trustpilot users have given the company a similar 4.2 stars out of 5.
The company also has accreditation from the National Association of Tax Professionals, California Tax Education Council, and National Association of Enrolled Agents.
This reputation means that most consumers can feel comfortable working with Anthem.
Frequently asked questions about Anthem Tax Services
- Is it worth it? Anthem may be able to help you save money on the debt that you owe to the IRS. Whether the savings is worth it depends on your situation. If you have a lot of debt, you might save a lot. If you have a small amount of debt, the cost may outweigh the benefit.
- How long does it take? Anthem Tax Service will negotiate with the IRS on your behalf. How long the process takes depends on many factors, including the complexity of your tax situation. Offers in compromise can be done in as little as a single payment while long-term payment plans could last years.
- What amounts of tax debt can Anthem help with? Anthem Tax Services can help taxpayers who owe at least $10,000 or more to the IRS or their state.
- What type of tax debt does Anthem help with? Anthem Tax Services can assist taxpayers that have issues with both Federal and State taxes.
- Do I need a company like Anthem to help me or can I do it myself? Taxpayers can work with the IRS directly to negotiate offers in compromise, payment plans, or other tax assistance. However, doing so can be stressful and difficult, so working with professionals like Anthem may be helpful.
Where to find alternatives to Anthem Tax Services
Anthem Tax Services is one of many tax relief companies. If you need help with back taxes, it’s worth shopping around to find the best deal. Check out our guide to the best tax relief companies or consider working with one of these other businesses.
Community Tax offers tax relief services to people with smaller amounts of tax debt, making it best for people who owe less than $10,000 to the IRS. Like Anthem, its services start at $250, so make sure that you can save enough to make the price worth paying.
Tax Hardship Center
Tax Hardship Center is another company that helps consumers with tax debt and tax preparation services. The company’s pricing starts higher, at $495, which means you’ll want to consider whether the business can save you enough to make the higher price worth it.
Ready to apply for tax relief with Anthem Tax Services? Visit its website.
Start at $250
Minimum tax debt
Author: TJ Porter