- Cardholders can earn 3X rewards in their choice of one of 10 rotating categories each quarter.
- The card comes with a 24-hour Late Fee Grace which waives the fee if you’re late making a payment.
- Customers can choose to forgo the rewards and reduce their APR by three percentage points.
- The card comes with a 0% intro APR for the first 12 months, and there are no annual fee or foreign transaction fees.
- Customers receive access to Mastercard Global Service which provides 24-hour assistance, emergency credit card replacement, and emergency cash advances.
- There are no annual fees or foreign transaction fees
- The 3X rewards will only apply to the first $2,000 spent each quarter.
- The card is only available to customers in IN, KY, MI, OH, PA, WV, IL, and WI.
Is the Huntington Voice Credit Card Right for You?
The market is flooded with credit cards offering a limited time 0% APR, cash back, and more. But if you take a closer look at most of these cards, you’ll find that there’s very little flexibility for the consumer.
This is why the Huntington Voice Credit Card stands out. Cardholders can earn rewards or bypass the rewards entirely for a lower APR on all purchases. This article will explain the pros and cons of the Huntington Voice credit card, who it’s for, and how it compares to similar cards.
In this review:
- Benefits of the Huntington Voice Credit Card
- Downsides of the Huntington Voice Credit Card
- How it Compares to Similar Cards
Benefits of the Huntington Voice Credit Card
When you open the Huntington Voice credit card, you have 30 days to choose the category you want to earn three percent cash back in. Customers can choose from the following ten different categories:
- Travel and entertainment
- Discount and warehouse stores
- Grocery stores
- Utilities and office supply stores
- Electronics, computer, and camera stores
- Gas stations
- Department, apparel, and sporting goods stores
- Auto parts and service stores
- Home improvement stores
After the initial selection, customers can change their category quarterly. This allows customers to take advantage of the cash back rewards based on what’s going on in their life.
For instance, customers who know they are going to spending a lot of time traveling during the next couple of months might choose to earn rewards for money spent on travel and entertainment.
>> Read More: Best travel credit cards
Or customers can choose to reduce their APR by three percentage points. This flexibility is one of the biggest advantages of using the Huntington credit card.
Downsides of the Huntington Voice Credit Card
The biggest con to choosing this card is that the rewards are capped at $2,000 in purchases each quarter — 6,000 points if all of that $2,000 was spent in a 3X-point category. Since points are worth a penny each, 6,000 points could be redeemed for $60 in cash, gift cards, or toward travel purchases.
Plus, Huntington Bank will do a hard pull on your credit which could temporarily hurt your credit score. And since this card is only available in certain states some customers will not be eligible.
How it Compares to Similar Cards
If you’re interested in a similar card that offers cash back rewards, you might consider the Capital One Savor Card. This card offers a zero percent intro APR for the first 15 months. After that, customers will receive a 14.74 – 24.74 percent variable APR.
But the cash back rewards are what make this card truly stand out. Customers can earn a $150 cash back bonus for spending $500 within the first three months of opening the card.
>> Read More: Best credit card sign-up bonus offers
And customers can earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% back at the grocery store, and 1% back on everything else. The rewards never expire and there’s no limit to how much you can earn. So if you are someone who spends a lot on dining and entertainment, this might be a better deal for you.
The Bank of America Premium Rewards Credit Card is another good option. Cardholders can receive 2% cash back on dining and entertainment and 1.5% back on everything else. And cardholders will receive a $500 bonus if they spend $3,000 within the first three months of opening the card.
The Huntington Voice Credit Card is a good fit for consumers looking for a flexible credit card. If you’ll be spending a lot in a certain area, like entertainment or travel, the cash back rewards could be worth it. Just keep in mind that the 3% cash back is capped at $2,000 in spending per quarter.
If you this card does not meet your needs, you can compare the best credit cards rated by LendEDU.
Author: Jamie Johnson
Join the LendEDU Newsletter
News, insights, & tips once a weekThanks for submittingPlease Enter a valid email
Best Credit Cards by Type
Credit Cards by Brand