Figure Home Equity Line Review
Figure offers a loan called the Figure Home Equity Line. It’s an all-digital product, which means you can get approved virtually instantly and receive funding quickly. You can use loan funds for any purpose and interest rates are considered competitive.
Figure is a unique fintech (financial technology) company focused on offering fast loans to homeowners who want to tap into their home equity.
Figure offers multiple services in addition to home equity lines of credit, including
If you’re interested in a home equity line of credit, Figure is definitely worth considering for its competitive interest rates and innovative application process. The company is a newer one, having been founded in 2018, so it doesn’t yet have long-term performance data to report. However, those interested in a streamlined online-only borrowing experience will likely appreciate what Figure has to offer.
In this review:
- What Types of Services Does Figure Offer?
- Getting a Home Equity Line Through Figure
- Figure Home Equity Line: The Details
- Figure Home Equity Line Benefits
- Figure Home Equity Line Downsides
What Types of Services Does Figure Offer?
Figure recently introduced Figure Home Advantage to provide a reverse mortgage alternative to seniors. The company is also in the process of introducing a wealth management program.
For now, though, Figure is best known for its Figure Home Equity Line product. This is a loan that allows you to tap into your home equity to obtain funds for various uses, including big purchases and debt consolidation.
A home equity line of credit allows you to borrow money against the value of your home, provided you owe less than your home is worth on your current mortgage. The debt is secured by your home, so it has a lower interest rate than many other types of consumer debt — although this does mean your house is at risk if you don’t pay back the loan.
If you use your home equity line of credit for renovations and you itemize on your taxes, you can deduct any interest paid on your loan. This makes these loans an especially great option for funding repairs or home improvements.
Tap into your home equity to fund your life goals!
- Between $15,000 and $150,000 in funding
- Approval in 5 minutes, funding in 5 days
- 5, 10, 15, or 30-year terms
- No appraisal, title or maintenance fees. Just one origination fee
Getting a Home Equity Line Through Figure
Figure has already established a good reputation, even as a newer fintech company. One thing Figure is known for is fast approvals.
When you apply for a home equity line through Figure, the entire application process can be done online — you don’t need to visit a bank. You’ll get a decision on your loan within just five minutes in most cases, and the application process is pretty simple.
Figure lines of credit are available only to homeowners with sufficient equity, and Figure only allows one owner to apply for the loan. The lender considers a number of factors in determining your eligibility, such as:
- Your credit history
- The value of your property
- The condition of your property
- Your income
- Your assets, including investment accounts and bank accounts
The good news is Figure allows you to check pre-qualified offers without a hard credit inquiry, which means your credit won’t be affected just by seeing if you can qualify for a loan.
How to Apply
To start the process of applying for a Figure Home Equity Line, you’ll need to visit the company’s website and click “Find My Rate.” You’ll be asked to complete a simple form with the following information:
- The property address
- The type of property (e.g. primary residence, second home, or investment property)
- Your legal name
- Your date of birth
- Annual gross income for you, your spouse, or other co-owners of the property
- Income from rentals, investments, or other sources
- Your email address(es)
After you submit your information, Figure will do a soft credit pull, after which you’ll immediately see the rates for which you may qualify. If you decide to move forward, you’ll need to submit additional information to finalize your application. This will include providing proof of identity and connecting your financial accounts to verify income and make sure funds can be disbursed.
The underwriting process is automated, so in most cases, you’ll receive a final decision on your loan within five minutes.
If you’re granted a loan, the loan can be closed online, and you can potentially receive your money within just five days.
Figure Home Equity Line: The Details
If you’re considering Figure’s Home Equity Line product, it’s important to understand the terms and conditions. Here’s what you can expect:
- These loans have an average APR of 4.99% to 14.25%.
- There’s an origination fee ranging from 0% to 4.99% of the initial amount borrowed.
- There are no prepayment penalties or other fees.
- You can borrow between $15,000 and $150,000, depending on your creditworthiness.
- You can borrow against a primary home, second home, or investment property; co-ops, commercial real estate, manufactured
housing,or multifamily housing with more than five units do not qualify.
- Repayment terms are five, 10, 15, or 30 years.
- Figure requires a minimum credit score of 600.
Figure Home Equity Line Benefits
When you get a Home Equity Line from Figure, you get many advantages you might not receive with other lenders. These include:
- Competitive rates. Figure’s rates are competitive in the industry and those with excellent credit may be able to receive lower rates than competing products.
- Fast approval. Getting a home equity line is often cumbersome and requires visits to the bank and lots of paperwork.
Figuremakes the process much easier, and you can have your funds in just a few days.
Figure Home Equity Line Downsides
There are also some downsides to be aware of, including:
- Figure is a relatively new and untested company. Figure hasn’t been around for long.
- No in-person branches to visit. This can make it more challenging if you have customer service issues to address.
- Borrowers should be tech-savvy. You need to be able to link your bank accounts and participate in the video call with the notary to receive your loan proceeds.
If you want a home equity line with fast approval and a simple application process, you should definitely consider Figure. You’ll get more flexibility than with a traditional home equity line at a competitive rate.
You should always be sure to shop around among multiple lenders and consider the total costs and fees before you borrow so you can make sure you’re getting the best deal on your home equity line.4.56 Figure Home Equity Line of Credit