What we like:
Easy to buy multiple types of life insurance including
|Types of Insurance||Term life, universal life, whole life|
|A.M. Best Rating||A-|
|Contact||1-866-826-8471 (Mon to Fri, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET)|
|Medical Exam Required||For some types of coverage|
Life insurance can protect your family from catastrophic financial loss in case you die.
The Connecticut-based Vantis Life insurance company (which also operates Vantis Life of New York in New York state) offers whole life and term life coverage as a member of the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company family.
This Vantis Life insurance review will tell you everything you need to know to determine whether getting coverage from Vantis Life is right for you.
In this review:
- Vantis Life Insurance: By the numbers
- Pros & cons of Vantis Life
- How Vantis Life’s policies work
- Eligibility & application information
Vantis Life Insurance: By the numbers
|Policy||Coverage amounts||Terms||Medical exam?|
|Vantis Life Velocity Term Life Insurance||$50,000 to $2 million||vantislife-ins-1570-termlengthrange_y||In some cases|
|Vantis Life Return on Premium Term Life Insurance||Not disclosed||vantislife-ins-1571-termlengthrange_y||Yes|
|Vantis Life Guaranteed Golden Life Insurance||$5,000 – $20,000||N/A||vantislife-ins-1572-medexamreq|
|Whole life||Not disclosed||N/A||Yes|
Pros & cons of Vantis Life
There are many advantages of buying a policy from Vantis Life, but also some downsides to be aware of.
- Vantis Life is a top-rated and trusted insurance provider. It’s rated A+ by the insurance rating and analytics company AM Best.
- Vantis Life provides a variety of policies, including options that do not require a medical exam. You can get a comprehensive term life insurance policy or whole life coverage (also called permanent life insurance) to ensure your family is protected, or a policy that simply covers your funeral and other final expenses.
- Vantis Life makes buying insurance coverage simple and provides helpful tools, including a calculator to help you determine the amount of life insurance coverage you need.
- Guaranteed issue policies have low maximum coverage limits, which means the protection available to your beneficiaries can be limited if you opt for this type of insurance.
- Vantis isn’t the most affordable life insurance provider, so you will need to shop around and compare premiums to make sure you do not overpay.
How Vantis Life’s policies work
Vantis Life provides a variety of life insurance options, so you can find the coverage that works best for your family or medical situation. The company offers both life insurance and annuity products.
Life insurance products
- Vantis Life Velocity Term Life Insurance: With this level term life policy, you pay a set premium to get coverage for a predefined period that could last up to 30 years. Your premiums never go up, and your coverage remains stable during the entire policy term. Compare with our list of the best term life insurance policies.
- Vantis Life Return on Premium Term Life Insurance: This policy returns premiums to you at the end of your term as long as you have made payments as scheduled during the time you have the policy, and the death benefit was not paid out.
- Vantis Life Guaranteed Golden Life Insurance: Final expense policies do not require a medical exam and offer you a limited amount of coverage to help your beneficiaries pay for funeral costs and other final expenses after your death. As funerals can cost thousands of dollars, these types of policies provide an important—yet affordable—source of protection for the people you love.
- Single-Premium Whole Life: Single-premium whole life insurance policy allows you to fund coverage with a single lump-sum payment. Your coverage remains in effect your whole life, so your family is guaranteed to receive a death benefit when you die.
- Whole Life Insurance: Whole life policies provide coverage for life as long as you continue paying premiums. These policies can also accrue cash value and serve as a type of investment vehicle, but the premiums are more expensive than for term life coverage. Compare with our list of the best whole life insurance policies.
- TaxSaver Freedom ROP: This retirement tool guarantees you’ll be able to withdraw the amount of your premiums, from $5,000 to $500,000 in deposits.
- TaxSaver Freedom MVA: This annuity includes a market value adjustment, which means your deposit (between $5,000 and $500,000) could increase or decrease over time.
Eligibility & application information
Because Vantis Life provides many life insurance policies, almost anyone can find coverage, including final expense coverage for people who aren’t eligible for traditional term or whole life coverage.
Eligibility for Vantis Life coverage can vary depending on the plan you want. Determining your eligibility might include:
- Undergoing a medical exam for some term and whole life policies.
- Providing your health history and smoking status.
- Maximum age limits for some policies. For example, to buy Vantis Life Guaranteed Golden Life Insurance (for final expenses), the minimum age is vantislife-ins-1572-agelow and the maximum age is vantislife-ins-1572-agehigh.
How to apply
Get a life insurance quote by clicking the “Quote & Buy” button on the life insurer’s homepage. The process involves completing a simple form that asks:
- Your name
- Your gender
- Your birth date
- The state where you live
- A few health questions
- Your tobacco use
You can also speak with an agent via chat on the company’s website or call Vantis Life to get personalized assistance from an insurance agent.
Other info you need to apply
While you initially need to provide only basic information about your health, there may be additional documentation required for some policies including:
- Medical records
- The completion of a medical exam requested by Vantis Life
If you’re not sure Vantis Life Insurance is for you, check out what coverage amounts and policy premiums you could get from a few other life insurance companies. Comparing quotes always helps you find the best deal.
How we rated Vantis Life Insurance Company
LendEDU ranked and rated 25 life insurance companies based on a weighted average of eight data points, which included the following key metrics:
- AM Best Rating (12.5%)
- Moody’s Rating (12.5%)
- S&P Rating (12.5%)
- J.D. Power Score (15%)
- BBB Rating (15%)
- Trustpilot Score (10%)
- Minimum and Maximum Coverage Amount (15%)
- Minimum and Maximum Issue Age (7.5%)