Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
What we like:
Compare personalized life insurance policy quotes from some of the highest-rated carriers on the market
|Types of Life Insurance||Term life insurance|
|Age Limits||18 – 75|
|State Availability||Available in all 50 states|
|Ways to Apply||Online or chat with a licensed life insurance specialist|
LeapLife was launched with a belief that “regardless of age, health status or credit standing, all people deserve access to good insurance at an affordable price, through a seamless online process.” With that, the agency claims to offer the fastest and most comprehensive way to get matched with personalized life insurance policy quotes.
This LeapLife review will discuss what the life insurance search, comparison, and recommendation engine offers, the pros and cons, how to submit an application, and more.
In this review:
- How LeapLife works
- Eligibility requirements
- How to apply through LeapLife
- Application process (with screenshots)
- Which carriers does LeapLife work with?
- Pros and cons
How LeapLife works
LeapLife is a life insurance search engine that matches you with personalized life insurance policy quotes featuring competitive interest rates. The LeapLife marketplace connects you to several top life insurance carriers, all with an A or A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
LeapLife has pioneered a fully all-digital life insurance application experience with agent support — including no medical exam — making getting the right life insurance for you and your family faster and easier than ever.
The simple LeapLife form takes less than 60 seconds and doesn’t require you to submit any contact information (email or phone number) to see your personalized life insurance policy quotes. In some instances, LeapLife works together with you to ultimately complete your application with certain carriers.
If you prefer an alternative option to the online form, the licensed life insurance specialists from LeapLife can help. These specialists are available to chat, free of charge, to help you find a policy quote that meets your needs. You can call them directly at (844)-755-5327, 24 hours a day.
To be eligible for coverage from carriers partnered with LeapLife, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who has been in the country for more than two years. In addition, you must be between the ages of 18 and 75 at the time of application.
How to apply through LeapLife
Here are the steps to follow to apply for coverage:
- Visit LeapLife’s website here.
- Answer some questions through their quick and easy form.
- Once you finish, you’ll be taken to a page that lists your personalized life insurance policy quotes.
- Either choose one of your matches and customize your policy quote, or click view more options to compare quotes from other carriers.
- Once you decide on a policy quote, your application will be submitted and completed via LeapLife’s service directly with the carrier; if approved, you can receive coverage within weeks, or even days.
What the application process looks like
The first page of the application asks you to fill out some basic information including your date of birth, height, weight, gender, state of residence, and whether you use nicotine.
Health and Citizenship
The second part of the application asks if you are the policyholder, a U.S. citizen or green card holder, and whether you have any of the conditions listed below.
Unlawful actions, financial wellness, and medication
The third and final section asks questions about any unlawful acts you may have committed, financial mishaps that may have occurred, and whether or not you take prescription medications.
Policy quote matching
Once you complete the steps, you will be matched with personalized life insurance policy quotes. You can choose to customize the policy quote of your liking or choose to view more options.
Below are the matches we received when filling out the application.
If you choose to view more options, they will populate the offer table. You can adjust your coverage amount and duration to see what your monthly premium would be with each carrier. Once you find your ideal match, you can formally apply online with the carrier.
Finishing the process with LeapLife
Once you select the life insurance policy quote that best fits your needs, you’ll finish the application process with your chosen life insurance carrier through the LeapLife service.
Many carriers enable you to finish the application digitally on LeapLife’s website, where you’ll finalize some remaining details needed for the carrier to approve your policy. Others may require a follow-up phone call, in which case a LeapLife insurance specialist will reach out to you to complete your application.
>> Ready to fill out an application with LeapLife? Click here.
Which carriers does LeapLife work with?
|Carrier||A.M. Best Rating|
|American General Life Insurance Company||A (Excellent)|
|Assurity Life Insurance Company||A- (Excellent)|
|American National||A (Excellent)|
|Fidelity Life||A- (Excellent)|
|Foresters Financial||A (Excellent)|
|Legal & General||A+ (Superior)|
|Lincoln Financial Group||A+ (Superior)|
|Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance||A+ (Superior)|
|Pacific Life||A+ (Superior)|
|Sagicor Life||A- (Excellent)|
|SBLI of Massachusetts||A (Excellent)|
|Transamerica Life Insurance Company||A+ (Superior)|
Pros and cons of LeapLife
- In many cases, you can get covered within minutes
- Term life policies from the nation’s top providers including AIG, Prudential, Transamerica, and more.
- You don’t need to enter any contact information (phone number or email) to see your personalized life insurance policy quotes.
- Many of the carriers allow you to receive a policy without taking a medical exam.
- A+ rating with the BBB.
- You have to call a live agent to compare offers and complete your application for certain types of policies, such as whole life insurance. You can compare options with our guide to the best whole life insurance companies.
- Certain carriers may not be available on the LeapLife marketplace. To compare other options, check out the best term life insurance companies.
To learn more about LeapLife, check out its website.
Author: Jeff Gitlen