Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
What we like:
Save up to 41% by having a high health literacy and healthy lifestyle
|Type of Life Insurance||Term life insurance|
|Coverage Amount||$50,000 – $2 million+|
|Term Lengths||10, 20, or 30 years|
|Age Limits||At least 21 years old|
Health IQ claims to be the only company that combines your current health, health literacy, and active lifestyle to better predict your long-term health, leading to reduced life insurance costs by up to 41%.
This Health IQ review will cover what is offered, how it works, and the pros and cons.
In this review:
- How Health IQ works
- Eligibility requirements
- How to apply with Healthy IQ
- Application process (with screenshots)
- Health IQ reviews
- Pros and cons
- Alternatives to Health IQ
How Health IQ works
Health IQ is not an insurance carrier, rather it is a broker that through an online form can match you with personalized quotes from top carriers in the country.
The form itself can be completed in under 2 minutes and will be followed by a health literacy quiz. The quiz is part of Health IQ’s goal to reward healthy individuals with lower life insurance rates. The quiz can take up to 30 minutes if you take the entire time available but is more likely to take between 10 and 15 minutes.
Before you can receive personalized quotes, you’ll have to speak to a member of the Healthy IQ team. Waiting for a call can take between 24 to 48 hours.
To be eligible for life insurance through Health IQ, you must be over 21 years old and be a resident of the United States. Depending on the carrier you are matched with, a blood test or health records may be required.
How to apply with Health IQ
Here are the steps to follow to apply for coverage:
- Visit Health IQ’s website here.
- Enter some personal information through their short form.
- Once you finish the form, you’ll be taken to a page that asks you to take a health literacy quiz. This quiz can take between 10 to 30 minutes and is a way for you to lower your life insurance costs.
- After completing the quiz and clicking to receive a free quote, you will be asked to verify some personal information. After this is submitted, you will need to wait for a call from Health IQ that can take between 24 to 48 hours.
- The person you speak with on the phone will be looking to verify your healthy lifestyle and discuss your next steps
- After this call, you can compare your personalized options before making the decision to complete your application with a specific carrier.
Application process (with screenshots)
Starting the application
To get started, you’ll need to enter your age. Once you do this you will go through a couple of pages that ask about your gender, height and weight, annual income, your address (the company explains why this is needed in the application), your name, and how you can be reached.
Optional questions to see if you’re eligible for extra savings
Once you finish entering the information mentioned above, you’ll be asked whether you would take a 10 minute quiz and whether you would be willing to provide proof of exercise to earn extra savings.
Submitting the application
To complete the application, you’ll be asked what range of coverage you’re looking for. The greater the coverage, the more savings available. Health IQ will compare your personalized quotes from top carriers to see who can offer you the best rate.
Health IQ reviews
Health IQ has received strong consumer ratings through TrustPilot on top of the highest overall rating from the BBB.
|Trustpilot Score||BBB Rating|
Pros and cons
- Health IQ rewards those that are health conscious with savings as high as 41%
- Filling out the online form is fast and easy
- Receive two levels of rate checks; first from Health IQ’s special rate partners, and second from retail rate carriers
- Mostly positive consumer reviews on Trustpilot (4.8/5)
- The application process can take a couple of days before you get to choose your carrier
- Health IQ only offers term life insurance
Alternatives to Health IQ
Ready to apply for life insurance through Health IQ? Check out its website.
$50,000 – $2 million+
10, 20, or 30 years
Type of Life Insurance
Term life insurance
Author: Jeff Gitlen