Woodside Credit Collector Car Financing was founded in 2003 to provide affordable loans to classic car enthusiasts. Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, Woodside structures long-term, classic car loans of up to twelve years in order to keep monthly payments low. The company partners with hundreds of classic and exotic car dealers to deliver classic car loans. The lender is exclusively endorsed by the world’s largest classic-car auction company, Barrett-Jackson. Woodside finances up to 90 percent of a vehicle’s sale price.
Process of Applying
You may request a Woodside Credit classic car loan using a form on its website. It takes about ten minutes to complete the form. You must specify detailed information about the car you want to buy.
To be eligible with Woodside Credit you are required to:
- Have good to excellent credit history with a high FICO score
- Put down at least 10 to 20 percent toward the purchase
- Have verifiable income
The documentation included with the application can be used for collectable car loans, classic car loans, and exotic car loans. You must identify the vehicle’s make, model, VIN, powertrain, mileage, options, purchase price, and loan amount. Alternatively, you can apply for a pre-authorization to buy a car at auction. You must provide personal information including existing loans, employment data, and Social Security number. The company allows you to include your spouse’s information as it is believed that you will both be using the vehicle.
After finishing the application, you can submit it online. The website states you’ll receive a decision within seconds. You can also apply for a Woodside car loan by filling out a dealer’s application form, by phoning a Woodside loan consultant, or by printing out and faxing the website form. You will have to provide secondary documentation to validate the information on your classic car financing application.
Characteristics of Classic Car Financing
Woodside Credit Classic Car Financing, or sometimes exotic car financing, provides auto loans for these types of vehicles:
- Antique cars: Older cars which might or might not be in working condition
- Classic cars: These cars are typically at least 25 years old
- Collector cars: Woodside identifies dozens of eligible collector cars, some of which are also classic or vintage cars
- Exotic cars: These are high-end cars from any time period, and include models from:
- Aston Martin
- Rolls Royce
Loan amounts range from $10,000 to $600,000 with a 10 to 20 percent down payment required. Terms depend on purchase price:
- $10,000-$24,999: Up to 84 months
- $25,000-$49,999: Up to 96 months
- $50,000-$100,000: Up to 120 months
- More than $100,000: Up to 144 months
Likely APRs are not provided online but Woodside Credit indicates that it uses simple (non-compounding) interest rates. There are no additional fees listed on the website.
Pros Vs. Cons of Using a Woodside Credit Collector Car Financing Classic Car Loan
- Long repayment periods allow for low monthly payments
- Rates are “competitive”
- No fees, prepayment penalties, or extra costs are disclosed
- There are currently no mileage restrictions in place
- Refinancing is available on existing car loans or on purchases made within the last 90 days
- Woodside offers classic car insurance through Hagerty Insurance
- You can purchase the car from a private party or dealer
- Pre-approvals available for auction purchases
- Interest rates and late fees are not explicitly stated on the website
- Longer repayment periods mean that the total amount of interest owed will be higher
Woodside Credit Collector Car Financing seems to be a reputable lender for classic car loans. However, the auto lender is not listed on the Better Business Bureau or TrustPilot websites. The biggest complaint on this Woodside Credit Collector Review would be that it does not list its interest rates on its website.