Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
- Qualified applicants can get 1 percent cash back rewards on their purchases.
- But only certain purchases are eligible for 1 percent cash back rewards if your credit score isn’t deemed high enough at the time you apply for the card.
- 2x cash back rewards at the NASCAR Shop
- Access to discounts and special offers from NASCAR partners.
- Travel accident and auto rental collision insurance.
- Can choose from different card designs, although there may be a fee.
The APR for the NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® is currently between 20.24% – 26.24% variable.
- You can learn if you pre-qualify without hurting your credit score number and completing the full credit card application
- Because it carries zero fraud liability, you won’t be held liable for unauthorized charges.
- It’s a widely accepted card.
- Your account will be automatically reviewed for credit line increases.
- To get the card design you want, you may have to pay a fee.
- Only certain purchases, like gas, are eligible for cash back rewards.
- The most cash back rewards you’ll get anywhere is 1 percent, except for the NASCAR Shop which gives you 2x cash back rewards.
You won’t receive a sign-up bonus reward with this card.
The most cash back rewards you’ll get for ordinary purchases is 1 percent. At the NASCAR Shop, you’ll get double rewards.
There is no introductory APR for this card.
Recommended Credit Score
You’ll need a fair to excellent credit score to qualify for this card. There is a possibility of getting this card with a lower credit score if you’re rebuilding, but you’ll be charged an annual fee ranging from $75 to $99 for it.
If NASCAR fans love the idea of an exciting action shot of a car gracing their credit card, this NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® may be the right choice for them. But they should try not to be overly excited by the card’s appearance and the fact that it says NASCAR on it.
They should take a careful look at the benefits of the card and what it can do for them financially before making an emotional decision because they’re a NASCAR fan. Continue reading to learn accurate information about the cash back rewards, the credit card terms, and whether or not you should apply for this card if you have bad credit.
Benefits of the NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank®
If you have a great credit score, you’ll be happy to know it pays off with this card. You’re much more likely to be accepted to carry this card with good credit, and you’ll also qualify for a better variable APR. But better is a relative term here because the lowest you’ll currently get, even with an excellent credit score, is a 20.24 percent APR.
The 1 percent cash back rewards is a perk you’ll get with this card, but there are other cards out there that offer a higher percentage of cash back rewards on all your purchases.
Cardholders may also like that they can choose their payment due date―that can be handy for people who have a lot of bills due at a certain time of the month and would rather spread it out a bit.
Downsides of the NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank®
If you have questionable credit, the biggest negative to watch out for is the annual fee you’ll be charged. If you are paying a high annual fee, it’s going to take up available credit up to your credit limit, leaving you with less spending power.
If you’re in the rebuilding credit category, you’ll only get 1 percent cash back rewards on gas and automotive purchases―that leaves out everyday purchases like groceries, where you could be racking up cash back rewards for something you’d have to buy anyway.
Even with an excellent credit score and a strong credit report, the APR is higher on this card than you’d get with most other cards. And on top of that, if you request an additional card for an authorized user on your account, you’ll be charged an extra $19 per year.
>> Read More: Best Credit Cards for Authorized Users
How it Compares to Similar Cards
For better reward rates, you could opt for Capital One’s Quicksilver. For instance, this card gives you 1.5 percent cash back on eligible purchases and a one-time $150 cash bonus if you spend $500 in the first three months of opening your account. You’ll also get a 0 percent APR introductory rate for the first 15 months. After that, the APR will jump to between 20.24% – 26.24% Variable.
NASCAR fans may be drawn to this official NASCAR credit card and it’s not a bad choice, but there are other options out there that will give cardholders more rewards for their spending.
With the high APR and potential annual fee, if your credit score isn’t impressive enough, you might be better off looking at other options to find a good card for you.
If you don’t feel this card matches your needs, check out our Best Credit Cards page for additional options.
Author: Shannon Serpette
Best Credit Cards by Type
Credit Cards by Brand