Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
- Credit score monitoring & ID theft protection
- Costs ranging from $9.99 to $34.99
- Up to $1 million in stolen funds coverage
What we like:
Multiple plans offer flexibility in protection and costs
|Plans||Secure, Plus, Pro, or Max|
|Pricing||$9.99, $14.99, $24.99, or $34.99|
|Stolen Funds Reimbursement||Up to $1 million|
|Key Features||– Regular access to your credit report|
– Daily credit monitoring
– Lawyer, expert, and personal expense reimbursement
Your credit score is one of the most valuable pieces of financial information to know. It determines what loans and credit cards you can qualify for and the interest rates that you pay when you borrow money.
Tracking your credit reports and making sure that your score is accurate is essential. MyScoreIQ offers credit monitoring services to ensure your credit score is accurate and that your credit report is error-free.
In this review:
- MyScoreIQ plans
- Pros & cons of MyScoreIQ
- How to create a MyScoreIQ account
- Where to find alternatives to MyScoreIQ
MyScoreIQ offers four different plans. Each provides an extra level of protection at an additional cost.
|Credit reports and FICO scores||1 bureau annually||3 bureau annually||3 bureau bi-annually||3 bureau monthly|
|FICO Score tracker and simulator||No||No||No||Yes|
|Daily credit and dark web monitoring||1 bureau||1 bureau||3 bureau||3 bureau|
|Social Security number alerts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Checking account report||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Change of address monitoring||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Alert of crimes committed in your name||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Stolen funds reimbursement||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lawyer, expert, and personal expense coverage||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lost wallet assistance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The Secure Plan is MyScoreIQ’s basic plan. It offers an annual look at your credit report from one credit bureau and daily monitoring of your credit report from that bureau. You’ll get an automatic alert of any changes to your report.
The plan reimburses you for up to $1 million if funds are stolen from identity theft. These funds cover lawyer and expert costs and personal expenses incurred as part of recovering from identity theft.
The plan costs $9.99 per month and is best for people who want basic credit monitoring.
To visit MyScoreIQ and learn more about the Secure Plan, click here.
The Plus Plan is one step up from the Secure Plan. It includes all of the Secure Plan features but gives you your credit report from all three credit bureaus once per year instead of limiting you to just one bureau.
The Plus Plan also includes change of address monitoring, in case a fraudster tries to change the address on some of your accounts.
The Plus Plan costs $14.99 per month and is suitable for people who want to track their scores with all the major credit bureaus.
To visit MyScoreIQ and learn more about the Plus Plan, click here.
The Pro Plan ups the frequency for getting credit reports, letting you get your report from all three bureaus twice per year. You’ll receive daily monitoring from all three bureaus too.
It also adds monitoring services for crimes committed in your name so you can make sure that you don’t wind up with a criminal record that does not belong to you.
This plan costs $24.99 per month and is designed for people who want to keep their credit and background clear.
To visit MyScoreIQ and learn more about the Pro Plan, click here.
The Max Plan includes everything that MyScoreIQ offers. You can get a copy of your credit report from all three major bureaus each month, and the company will monitor each report for you daily.
On top of the previous plans’ protections, the Max Plan includes a FICO Score tracker and simulator. It also comes with $25,000 in protection for family members in your household and premium fraud restoration services.
The Max Plan costs $34.99 per month. It is designed for people who want to keep themselves fully protected against identity theft and fraud.
To visit MyScoreIQ and learn more about the Max Plan, click here.
Pros & cons of MyScoreIQ
- Multiple levels of service. Choose the level of service that you want to find a price that works for you.
- Daily credit monitoring. Get automatic alerts when anything changes on your monitored credit reports, making it easy to catch identity theft as soon as it happens.
- $1 million in coverage. Get $1 million in coverage for funds stolen from your bank accounts and reimbursement for legal fees related to identity theft.
- Free alternatives. There are plenty of credit monitoring services that don’t charge their users, though they might not have many features.
- No mobile app. These days, most credit monitoring services have an app that lets you track your reports, but MyScoreIQ only works through web browsers.
How to create a MyScoreIQ account
Signing up for MyScoreIQ is pretty simple. You’ll need to have some basic information, like your Social Security number and driver’s license on hand to get started.
To sign up for an account:
- Go to MyScoreIQ’s website and click Enroll Now
- Provide your name, address, and phone number
- Provide your e-mail address and create a password
- Choose the plan that you want and provide your credit card information
- Verify your identity by providing your Social Security number and other ID information
- You may have to answer some questions about previous addresses or loan accounts you’ve had
Once you’ve finished the process, you’re ready to start using MyScoreIQ.
Where to find alternatives to MyScoreIQ
MyScoreIQ is one of many credit monitoring services out there. If you want to use a credit monitoring service but aren’t sure that MyScoreIQ is the right one for you, take the time to consider the alternatives.
Additionally, you can check out the following reviews of companies that offer similar services:
To learn more about MyScoreIQ, check out its website.
$9.99 – $34.99
Stolen Funds Reimbursement
Alerts & Monitoring
Author: TJ Porter