Missouri is home to many great attributes, cultures, and traditions. Known for their football team the St. Louis Rams, home to the World War I Museum, and containing the beauty of the Ozark Mountains, Missouri is a great location to setup home and make a life. It is also a place that offers Missouri student loan forgiveness programs. For more information on these state based programs of financial help, check out the information below.
To learn more about student loan forgiveness, check out our complete guide!
Nursing Reward Program
For nurses in the field of health care, they, too, can receive loan forgiveness. In the program known as the Health Professional Nursing Student Loan forgiveness program, those that are designated as eligible and meet all criteria can receive up to five-thousand dollars toward their loan repayment.
Of course, they must meet all requirements including:
- Being a professional or practical nursing student
- Be licensed or working toward license in the state of Missouri
- Must make a commitment to work in an underserved area within the state
- Must be attending school at a qualifying educational state institution of higher learning
- Must have lived within the state for at least one year and be designated as a resident
- Must be a full-time student or planning on becoming one, with doctoral candidates excluded
- Must maintain all academic criteria and meet other eligibility and application requirements which can be found here.
Health Professionals Opportunity
The state of Missouri, like so many other states, offers individuals the chance to be rewarded for providing care in underserved and poor areas of the state. The Missouri Health Professional State Loan Repayment Program offers up to fifty-thousand dollars in loan repayment if all qualifications and eligibility requirements are met.
These qualifications and eligibility include the following, while full details can be found here:
- Serving in an underserved area within Missouri that is designated as HPSA
- Being a US citizen
- Must be a resident of the state of Missouri as well
- Must have a current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state
- Must make and adhere to a commitment of two years of full-time practice at a qualifying HPSA site
- Must be a primary care provider
Missouri Healthcare PRIMO Program
Another great loan forgiveness and repayment opportunity offered through the state of Missouri is the PRIMO Student Loan Program. This program is not based upon a singular commitment and the amount of the loan repayment opportunity varies from year to year. One of the reasons is because this is a competitive loan forgiveness program that is based upon several different requirements.
Most importantly, all those apply must be in a medical program that will ultimately result in a license to practice medicine in the state of Missouri. For more details, visit the link here to learn and apply.
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Join the LendEDU Newsletter
News, insights, & tips once a weekThanks for submittingPlease Enter a valid email
Student Loan Guides
Student Loan Reviews