Mississippi is home to the Delta region. It is here that blues is said to be born and the twang of country music and southern hospitality mix. It is also a location where those with student loans can find Mississippi student loan forgiveness programs. With one program currently sponsored, check out all the details below.
Additionally, you can educate yourself on student loan forgiveness with our complete guide!
Mississippi State Loan Forgiveness Opportunities
If you are a teacher in Mississippi, you may be eligible for loan repayment. The Mississippi Teacher Loan Repayment Program offers individuals who meet all criteria up to twelve thousand dollars over a four year period of time. This program encourages individuals to teach in an area of shortage in the state or in a subject are that is lacking.
Those that wish to apply must hold an Alternate Route Teaching License as well as meet the following:
- Must meet location and subject areas of need
- Must hold a Mississippi teaching license and Alternate Route Teaching License
- All licenses must be in good standing
- Must have undergraduate student loans and provide proof that they are in your name
- Must not be delinquent or in default on any state or federal loans
- Must not have received funds from other state and federal programs
All other criteria found here must also be met.
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Join the LendEDU Newsletter
News, insights, & tips once a weekThanks for submittingPlease Enter a valid email
Student Loan Guides
Student Loan Reviews