To help repay student loans, there are several different programs available through the federal government, like federal student loan forgiveness. Certain state governments provide opportunities and programs as well. While some states offer many different opportunities, there is only one Massachusetts student loan forgiveness program.
For more information on this program, check out the details below. Educate yourself on student loan forgiveness with our complete guide!
Massachusetts Health Professional Loan Forgiveness
For those that want to receive up to nearly fifty-thousand dollars toward their loans, there is a great opportunity to do so. But, like so many other states, Maine offers a program that is specific to those in the health care industry. The Massachusetts Loan Repayment Program for Health Professionals offers money for those that are serving as a primary care physician in an area that has a demonstrable need for qualified individuals to provide care. These often include those communities in rural areas or those that are socioeconomically depressed.
To qualify, the following criteria must be met, including:
- US Citizenship
- Must be working at an aforementioned designated site
- Must be a primary care physician
- Must have current licenses that are unrestricted and be able to provide care in Massachusetts
- Must not have liens and must be current on all loans
- Must demonstrate student financial need and collegiate loans
- Must not be obligated to serve in a program by the federal government
- Must show history of obligations being met financially and contractually
- Must meet all other eligibility requirements and obligations which can be found here.
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Your Guide to Financial Freedom
Money tips, advice, and news once a week
Join the LendEDU newsletter!Thanks for submitting!Please Enter a valid email
Student Loan Guides
Student Loan Reviews