Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
What we like:
LifeLock is integrated into Norton 360
|Plans offered||Standard, Select, Advantage, or Ultimate Plus|
|Monthly fee||$11.99 – $34.99 depending on the plan|
|Stolen Funds Reimbursement||$25,000 – $1 million depending on the plan|
|Features||Credit monitoring, stolen wallet protection, device protection (Select, Advantage, Ultimate Plus), credit reporting (Advantage, Ultimate Plus), home title monitoring (Ultimate Plus)|
Identity theft is a major risk in today’s connected world, so it’s important to be protected. The right plan can keep you safe while you bank, shop, and invest online.
LifeLock is one company offering a variety of security and identity theft protection services. Their products are integrated into Norton 360, one of the most trusted names in computer security. This puts LifeLock in a unique position when it comes to keeping customers protected online.
In this review:
LifeLock identity theft protection plans
Here is a breakdown of the four identity theft protection plans offered by LifeLock.
|Intro monthly fee||$9.99||$9.99||$19.99||$29.99|
|Stolen funds coverage||$25,000||$25,000||$100,000||$1 million|
|Lawyer coverage||$1 million||$1 million||$1 million||$1 million|
|Social Security number alerts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Data breach alert||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bank account alerts||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Credit card alerts||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Crimes committed in your name alerts||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Stolen wallet protection||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dark web monitoring||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|24/7 member support||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fictitious identity monitoring||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Home title monitoring||No||No||No||Yes|
|Security/VPN devices||No protection||5||10||Unlimited|
LifeLock offers four different product tiers that are split up based on the features they offer and the number of devices they protect. Each product has an introductory monthly cost for the first year, and then a regular monthly cost going forward.
All of LifeLock’s products offer credit monitoring and mobile app alerts based on misuse of your identity and Social Security number. Higher tiers offer additional activity alerts, such as those for bank account and credit card activity, crimes committed in your name, and—in the case of the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan—401(k) and investment account activity.
LifeLock’s plans all offer device security backed by Norton 360, with the exception of the LifeLock Standard plan.
Pros and cons of LifeLock
To help you decide if LifeLock offers the right identity theft protection for you, we’ve compiled a list of the pros and cons of the company’s offerings.
- LifeLock partners with Norton 360 to ensure device security.
- Annual membership comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- LifeLock works with a team of identity restoration specialists to assist victims of identity theft.
- The company website boasts an average customer rating of 4.6/5, with over 10,000 reviews.
- The Standard plan does not offer Norton 360-backed device security.
- Only the Ultimate plan offers $1 million of insurance for stolen funds.
- Some LifeLock members report log-in difficulties.
How to sign up for LifeLock
LifeLock makes it quick and easy to sign up for an identity theft protection plan. The entire process can be completed online by following these steps:
- Select a plan. LifeLock offers four different plans at four different price points. Refer to the chart above to see what the plans provide and to determine which is best for you.
- Sign into or create a Norton account. In order to purchase a LifeLock plan, you’ll need to have an account with Norton. If you don’t, you can easily set one up after selecting your plan.
- Provide necessary personal information for enrollment. This may include (but not be limited to) your name, date of birth, home address, email address, phone number, Social Security number, and credit card number.
- Download LifeLock. Download the LifeLock program onto each device you want to protect.
Your subscription begins immediately after enrollment.
Alternatives to LifeLock
If LifeLock ultimately isn’t the right choice for you, here are some other identity theft protection programs that are worth a look:
- Identity Guard integrates IBM’s Watson AI into its product offerings in order to provide comprehensive security and protection. Each plan holder has access to a dedicated case manager for additional support.
- ReliaShield offers competitive prices that are among the industry’s best, as well as coverage perks including unlimited restoration services. This includes a specialist who works on your stolen identity case until your identity is restored. ReliaShield boasts a 100% success rate when it comes to identity restoration.
- IdentityIQ offers similar services to its competitors, but with an emphasis on credit monitoring. The company offers a basic security package that focuses primarily on credit. Higher-tier plans offer increased coverage and identity protection.
Ready to get protected with LifeLock?
$11.99 – $34.99
Stolen Funds Coverage
Up to $1 million
Up to $1 million