If you are familiar with the gorgeousness and pageantry of the Kentucky Derby, you have some basic idea of the beauty of this state. Known for horse racing, bluegrass music, and rustic living, Kentucky is a southern state that is filled with small town living and much rural appeal.
It is also home to some unique opportunities as well, including the Kentucky student loan forgiveness and repayment program. For those that want to participate in this program, the following offers an opportunity to save on educational debt if all requirements are met.
Here at LendEDU we have put together a comprehensive guide to student loan forgiveness for you to learn more.
Kentucky Primary Health Care Professional Forgiveness
For health care professionals in the state of Kentucky, there is a 50/50 matching program available to help pay for loans. The Kentucky State Loan Repayment Program offers those that are primary care physicians the opportunity to receive up to nearly $18,000 dollars a year in those matching opportunities. In order to be eligible for this program, all those applicants must be full-time in the field and must be serving in a designated field that is under the health professional shortage status.
Other requirements must be met as well, including:
- Must have US citizenship
- Must hold a license to practice legally in the state of Kentucky
- No loans can be in default status
- No loans can be in anyone else’s name
- Must not have had a license to practice that is in jeopardy due to licensing board designation of issues
- Must be willing to sign the contract of service and may not be obligated to any other provider of care
- Must not have any outstanding obligations in default or be in back payment on child support payments
For more information on this Kentucky Loan Forgiveness and matching repayment opportunity, be sure to check out the program details by visiting here.
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Join the LendEDU Newsletter
News, insights, & tips once a weekThanks for submittingPlease Enter a valid email
Student Loan Guides
Student Loan Reviews