Some offers mentioned on this page may be outdated. To confirm offers and credit card details, check the issuer’s website.
JetBlue Plus Card
JetBlue Plus Card
What we like:
Travelers may redeem for any seat with no restrictions
|Intro Offer||Earn 40,000 Bonus Points after spending $1,000 on purchases in first 90 days and payment of annual fee|
0% intro APR
|Rewards Rate||6x points on JetBlue purchases|
2x points at restaurants and grocery stores
1x points on all other purchases
|Regular APR||18.24% – 27.24%|
- First checked bag free
- Points pooling (up to seven friends and family members can combine rewards)
- $100 statement credit after using the JetBlue Plus Card to purchase a JetBlue Vacations package
- Annual 5,000 bonus points after account anniversary
- 50% off on eligible in-flight purchases, including food and cocktails
- Get 10% of your points back when you redeem points for a JetBlue-operated award flight
- $99 annual fee (not waived in the first year)
- No introductory APR for purchases
- High spending threshold for TrueBlue Mosaic status ($50,000 annually)
- Late payment and returned payment fees
- Balance transfer fee equal to the greater of 3% or $5
Recommended Credit Score
- Excellent credit
JetBlue Plus Card Review: The Best Way to Earn TrueBlue Points
The JetBlue Plus card is the higher-end version of JetBlue’s personal card offerings. It’s an ideal choice for people who travel regularly on JetBlue to take advantage of the bonus rewards, as well as for cardmembers who spend at least $125 annually on JetBlue purchases. If you’re not a big spender, though, you may be better off with the lower-tier, no-fee JetBlue Mastercard.
In this review:
- JetBlue Plus Credit Card Benefits
- Downsides of the JetBlue Plus Credit Card
- JetBlue Plus Card Customer Service
- How it Compares to Similar Cards
JetBlue Plus Credit Card Benefits
The JetBlue Plus credit card offers some undeniable advantages to cardmembers, including special savings on JetBlue flights. Here are some of the key benefits:
The JetBlue Plus card signup bonus rewards new cardholders with 40,000 points who pay the $99 annual fee and who make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening their account.
>> Read More: Best credit card sign-up bonuses
JetBlue Credit Card Points
With the JetBlue Plus Card, you can earn six times the points on JetBlue purchases as well as double points at restaurants and grocery stores. All other purchases will earn you one point per dollar. The value of points can vary depending on how they’re redeemed but generally average around 1.6 cents each.
Cardmembers also receive 10% of their points back each time they redeem for use towards their next redemption.
$100 Statement Credit
JetBlue Plus cardholders who purchase a Vacations package with their card can earn a $100 statement credit. The Vacations package must be valued at $100 or more and must be purchased at jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE.
The credit will appear on your statement within six to eight weeks of the transaction posting to your account. The card must remain open, active, and in good standing, and you’re limited to one $100 credit per calendar year.
Other JetBlue Credit Card Perks
Being a cardmember also helps you gain access to other perks as well. These include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- No blackout dates on JetBlue-operated flights (redeem for any seat any time)
- 50% in-flight savings on eligible purchases, including food and cocktails
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening
- Chip-card technology
- $0 fraud liability protection
- TrueBlue Mosaic status after you spend $50,000 annually (includes 15,000 bonus points, waived change and cancellation fees, a second free checked bag, complimentary alcoholic beverages, and early boarding)
Downsides of the JetBlue Plus Credit Card
There are also some negatives associated with the JetBlue Plus card. These include:
- $99 annual fee
- No 0% APR on purchases
- Balance transfer fees will reduce the savings you get when transferring high-interest debt from other credit cards
JetBlue Plus Card Customer Service
You can contact Barclays with questions about your JetBlue Plus card 24/7. For general inquiries, call 1-866-928-8598. You can also ask questions to @AskBCUS on Twitter; however, remember not to share any sensitive account information publicly.
How it Compares to Similar Cards
The JetBlue Plus credit card is an ideal choice for bigger spenders, especially if you’re already loyal to the airline. But if you don’t want to pay an annual fee or you prefer more flexibility in redeeming rewards, there may be other credit cards better suited to your needs.
JetBlue Plus Card vs. JetBlue Card
The JetBlue card offers 10,000 bonus points to new cardholders who spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, which is far below the bonus you can earn for spending the same with the JetBlue Plus. You’ll also get only triple points on JetBlue purchases. You do, however, get the same double points at restaurants and grocery stores, as well as the one point per dollar on all other purchases.
The biggest benefit of the JetBlue card compared to the JetBlue Plus is that the card has no annual fee. But with no annual fee comes fewer benefits, such as no anniversary bonus or $100 statement credit for Vacation package purchases. If you think you’ll take advantage of any of those perks or spend enough to cover the annual fee, you’re better off with the JetBlue Plus.
If you travel often on JetBlue, the JetBlue Plus card is a great option for earning rewards on spending you already make. You’ll earn back the annual fee with just a few small purchases with JetBlue. Benefitting from all the perks the card provides — including discounted in-flight purchases and a free checked bag per flight —will make the card worth it even without the added rewards points you can earn.
If you aren’t a regular JetBlue traveler or if the airline doesn’t offer flights to the destinations of your choice, other travel credit cards may be a better choice.