Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
What we like:
All plans offer $1 million in stolen funds coverage
|Plans offered||Secure, Secure Plus, Secure Pro, Secure Max|
|Monthly cost||$6.99 – $29.99|
|Stolen funds reimbursement||$1 million|
|Features||Credit monitoring, lost wallet assistance, Social Security number alerts, ID restoration services, and more|
As online banking, shopping, and billing become more popular, the need for protection increases. To be safe online, it’s important that your credit and your identity are secure, and the way to ensure that is with a protection package.
IdentityIQ offers four identity theft protection products that focus on monitoring and preserving credit and, should the need arise, identity restoration. Additional features include Social Security number alerts, internet monitoring, and more.
In this review:
|Stolen funds coverage||$1 million||$1 million||$1 million||$1 million|
|ID theft insurance||n/a||n/a||n/a||$25,000|
|Credit bureau monitoring||One bureau||One bureau||Three bureaus||Three bureaus|
|Dark web monitoring||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Enhanced credit report monitoring||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Social Security alerts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Credit score change||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Lost wallet assistance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ID restoration services||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
IdentityIQ offers four different protect tiers, all of which are focused on protecting your identity and monitoring your credit. Each plan gives customers access to lost wallet assistance, identity restoration services, and up to $1 million in reimbursement for stolen funds.
As the plan tiers increase in scope, they offer deeper credit monitoring options, with more frequent reports from multiple bureaus. The Secure Plus and Max plans give alerts related to score changes and crimes committed in your name, while the Max plan includes a credit score tracker and simulator.
Notably, the Secure Max plan offers free family protection and $25,000 of identity theft insurance protection in addition to stolen funds reimbursement.
Pros and cons of IdentityIQ
To help you decide if IdentityIQ is the solution to your identity theft protection needs, we’ve compiled a list of the company’s pros and cons.
- Secure Max offers more extensive credit monitoring than most competitors.
- All IdentityIQ product tiers offer $1 million of theft insurance.
- Under IdentityIQ’s Secure Max plan, families are covered at no additional cost.
- Secure plan is cheaper than comparable plans from other companies.
- Only the Secure Max plan offers family coverage.
- Some customers have reported issues with billing and plan cancellation, although IdentityIQ works with them to meet their needs.
How to sign up for IdentityIQ
You can sign up for a plan with IdentityIQ quickly and easily online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Select a plan. IdentityIQ has four different product tiers, all of which can be explored on the “Plans and Pricing” page. Select the one that’s right for you and click “Get Protected Now.”
- Create an account. IdentityIQ will ask for your name, email address, and home address in order for you to set up an account with the company.
- Provide payment and personal information. IdentityIQ will ask for your credit card number for billing purposes, as well as your date of birth and Social Security number for identification.
Your subscription begins immediately after enrollment.
Alternatives to IdentityIQ
If IdentityIQ isn’t the right choice for you, here are some other identity theft protection programs to consider:
- Identity Guard integrates IBM’s Watson AI into its product offerings in order to provide comprehensive security and protection. Each plan holder has access to a dedicated case manager for additional support.
- LifeLock works in tandem with Norton Security to protect users from computer threats such as ransomware, viruses, and spyware. The company’s identity theft insurance includes compensation for theft, personal expenses, and legal fees.
- ReliaShield offers competitive prices that are among the industry’s best, as well as coverage perks including unlimited restoration services. This includes a specialist who works on your stolen identity case until your identity is restored. ReliaShield boasts a 100% success rate when it comes to identity restoration.