Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
Chase provides a variety of ways for cardholders to redeem their points, including cash back, gift cards, and booking travel through the Ultimate Rewards Travel Center. However, if you’re a United Airlines loyalist and would prefer to use your hard-earned points to book a flight through that specific airline, then you may be in luck.
If you have a Chase credit card that has an annual fee you can take advantage of a one-to-one transfer rate when you transfer Chase points to United. Let’s take a look at how to transfer ultimate rewards points to United.
How to Transfer Ultimate Rewards Points to United
Transferring your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to United Airlines is a fairly simple process, but before you get started, make sure you have access to both your Chase Ultimate Rewards account and your United MileagePlus rewards program. If you don’t, then you’ll need to register for an account.
- Step 1: Log in to your account and select the “Ultimate Rewards: Use your points” button located in blue at the bottom of the page, under your credit card(s) list.
- Step 2: Select the card from which you’d like to transfer points.
- Step 3: From the “Use Points” drop-down menu, select the “Transfer to Travel Partners” option.
- Step 4: Once on the Transfer Points screen, locate United from the list of travel partners, and select “Transfer Points.”
- Step 5: If you haven’t already, link your United MileagePlus rewards program to your Chase account by selecting the recipient and keying in the Member ID. Note: If you’ve already linked your accounts, you will not need to repeat this step.
- Step 6: Enter the amount of rewards points you’d like to transfer, using increments of one thousand, and click the Confirm & Submit button.
As a final note, before you transfer ultimate rewards points from one rewards program to the other, it’s helpful to review the available flights and required miles, as all transfers are final.
What to Watch Out For
When it comes to transfer partners, the relationship between Chase and United is a strong one. With the one-to-one transfer ratio, many travelers can really maximize their Chase Ultimate Rewards. They can travel farther than they would if they booked travel through the Chase site, particularly if they aren’t booking discount travel.
One of the interesting twists in the United MileagePlus program is that reward travel is based on region, not ticket value. This makes long-distance travel, say from the New York to Seattle, particularly worthy of your points, and traveling overseas can also be significantly rewarding, especially when you factor in United Airlines’ regular flight prices.
Chase Customer Service
If you run into issues or need assistance transferring your points from your Chase Ultimate Rewards program to your MileagePlus program, you can contact Chase customer service by calling the number on the back of your card.
If you’ve completed – or think you’ve completed – the transfer and want to verify with MileagePlus, you can contact them via phone at (800) 421-4655 or via email through the United MileagePlus contact form.
The relationship between Chase Ultimate Rewards and the MileagePlus program is one that creates an easy and lucrative opportunity for Chase card users who love flying United. With a simple transfer process and a great value per mile, it’s a transfer worth making.
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Best Credit Cards by Type
Credit Cards by Brand