Georgia is more than just another southern state. Georgia is the birthplace of Martin Luther King, Jr. and home to the Civil Rights Movement in many different aspects. Physically, it has beautiful beaches and muggy marshes that are quintessential southern style. It is also home to a Georgia student loan forgiveness program.
If you are interested in learning more about student loan forgiveness, check our guide.
Opportunity for Physicians
Georgia has many different rural regions that lack in socioeconomic diversity. They also lack in professional care as well. That is why the Physicians for Rural Areas Assistance Program was developed so that those that were interested could receive up to one-hundred thousand dollars towards their loans, while still participating in the career that they love.
This program has certain eligibility requirements, including:
- Must be willing to work in rural areas of need
- Must work full-time in the area of medicine
- Must demonstrate financial need via student loan verification
- Must have or be willing to obtain all necessary state licensures
- Must provide care for a minimum of forty hours each week to those in a designated, low-population county in the state
Must meet all other qualifications which can be found here.
>> Read More: Student loan forgiveness programs by state