Deserve Pro Credit Card
Deserve Pro Credit Card
What we like:
For young adults who spend less than $500 per month
|Rewards Rate||3% cash back on travel and entertainment|
2% cash back on restaurants and delivery apps
1% cash back on all other purchases
|Regular APR||18.49% – 25.49%|
- Cardmembers earn 1% cash-back on all purchases, as well as 3% cash-back on travel and entertainment, and 2% cash-back on restaurant purchases
- Applicants have access to up to a $10,000 credit limit so long as they have established a credit history
- Available to L1, O1, and H1B visa holders
- No foreign transaction or annual fees
- Cell phone insurance for up to $600
- Travel assistance, roadside assistance, and price protection services available at no cost
- Variable interest; ranges from 17.99% to 24.99%
- No annual fees or foreign transaction fees with the credit card
- Cardmembers have the opportunity to earn more rewards for travel and entertainment purchases, as well as restaurant purchases
- L1, O1, and H1B visa holders have an option for a rewards credit card with Deserve Pro
- Mastercard offers additional benefits including cell phone insurance, car rental damage waiver, roadside assistance, and travel assistance at no cost
- Cash-back rewards are redeemed for statement credits in increments of $25
- Earning rewards in bonus categories is capped at $500 per billing cycle
- The maximum credit line available even to those with strong credit is $10,000
- The redemption for cash-back rewards is limited to statement credits only
- There are no balance transfer or cash advance transactions allowed with the credit card
- Cash-back bonus rewards are earned on restaurant purchases at a rate of 2%, and travel and entertainment purchases at a rate of 3%
- All purchases made on the card earn 1% cash-back without limits, and bonus categories earn rewards up to $500 or purchases each billing cycle. After the cap is reached, cardmembers earn 1% cash-back on all purchases.
- There is no introductory APR for new cardmembers
Recommended Credit Score
- New applicants for the card need to have an established credit history and score. There is no minimum credit requirement.
Full Deserve Pro Credit Card Review
The Deserve Pro Mastercard is a rewards credit card available to consumers who have fair to excellent credit.
The credit card offers 3% rewards on purchases made at eligible travel and entertainment merchants, as well as 2% on restaurant purchases. All other purchases made on the Deserve Pro Mastercard earn 1% cash-back without restrictions.
The credit card is also available to specific visa holders, making it a better choice for those who are not citizens but looking for a rewards credit card in the United States.
The Deserve Pro Mastercard offers the most valuable benefits by way of rewards earned on purchases. Cardmembers earn 3% cash-back on travel and entertainment purchases, and 2% cash-back on restaurant purchases, up to $500 per billing cycle. All other purchases made on the card earn 1% cash-back without limits.
The Deserve Pro credit card also offers several additional perks to cardmembers, including cell phone insurance up to $600, roadside and travel assistance, and ID theft protection at no added cost. Cardmembers also receive price protection services and extended warranty opportunities for purchases made with the credit card.
While the Deserve Pro Mastercard comes with several advantages, cardmembers should consider the downsides of the card.
First, bonus categories are limited to $500 per billing cycle, which is lower than some comparable bonus category rewards credit cards. Also, cash-back earned on the credit card is only available as a statement credit, which is automatically applied to an outstanding balance so long as at least $25 is earned in rewards. Cardmembers also have limited access to credit line increases over time, up to a maximum of $10,000.
How It Compares to Similar Cards
The Deserve Pro Mastercard is designed for individuals who spend more on entertainment, travel, and restaurant purchases each month on a credit card. There are several other bonus rewards cards that offer similar categories at similar cash-back rates, but the cap on cash-back earned is lower with the Deserve Pro credit card.
However, because the credit card has no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees, it may offer more value to some cardmembers than comparable bonus category rewards cards.
Finally, the Deserve Pro Mastercard has lower credit requirements than comparable bonus category rewards credit cards, making it a better fit for some applicants with less than perfect credit histories or scores.
You can also check out our review of the Deserve EDU Credit Card.
The Deserve Pro Mastercard is a good option for international applicants in the US on certain visas, as well as those who have less than ideal credit history. Because the card has no annual or foreign transaction fees, but offers bonus rewards on certain purchases, the credit card may be a solid choice for those who want higher cash-back opportunities on travel, entertainment, and restaurant purchases each month.
Want to check out other cards? See our best credit card picks here.3.69 Deserve Pro Mastercard
Author: Dave Rathmanner
Your Guide to Financial Freedom
Money tips, advice, and news once a week
Join the LendEDU newsletter!Thanks for submitting!Please Enter a valid email
Best Credit Cards by Type
Credit Cards by Brand