The state of Colorado is filled with many great landmarks and different terrains. There are beautiful plain landscapes, gorgeous mountains, and winding rivers that are perfect for people who enjoy the outdoors. Home to many residents and recruiting more via their educational institutes of higher learning, there are other rewards to living in this state as well.
For those that qualify, there are great Colorado student loan forgiveness programs and repayment plans available at the state level. Some of these programs are similar to other state-based loan forgiveness programs. The Alaska student loan forgiveness programs are explained below. Check out our guide, if you are interested in learning more about student loan forgiveness.
For those that attended the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, there is help available to repay your loans. The goal of this program is to help those that have attended the University alleviate some of the debt that they incurred while studying. The amount of the monies given toward loan repayment can vary, so it is best to check here for the latest information. There are, however, some requirements that must be met in order to receive this repayment opportunity.
- Earning a Juris Doctorate from University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Must have earned a JD from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law after May 2003
- Must have an income that is under seventy-five thousand dollars annually
- Must work in a public service field which can be either non-profit or it may be government based
- Must have a position of employment that utilizes the legal or law-based skills
- Judicial clerks are not eligible.
- Must be current and not in default on any student loans
- Must provide proof that loans are current
Law Repayment Program
The state of Colorado offers individuals the chance to earn loan repayment if they are working in the legal profession in some capacity. Known as the Colorado Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP), this program awards gifts of money and funds for loan repayment to those that meet the employment criteria and also all other loan requirements. This loan can pay up to nearly seven-thousand dollars a year in loan funds and is renewable for up to five years, if the terms of the agreement are met. To learn more, all you have to do is click here and apply.
Health Service Corps Loan Repayment
For those in the health field, Colorado has a loan repayment opportunity available. These are for those that meet all of the qualifications and are willing to utilize that health care degree in an underserved HPSA designated area. The goal of this program is to reward those that are going to serve in a low-income population or where uninsured patients are in the majority.
They must meet all other requirements as well, including:
- Working in a designated and improved site for at least three years
- Must sign a contract stating this commitment will be upheld
- Must meet the minimum hourly requirement to work with the uninsured and those in the low income sector of the population
- Must be employed at either a part-time or full-time status
For those that meet all of the requirements, they can earn up to ninety-thousand dollars in loan repayment. For more information or to apply, click here.
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Join the LendEDU Newsletter
News, insights, & tips once a weekThanks for submittingPlease Enter a valid email
Student Loan Guides
Student Loan Reviews