Many or all of the companies featured provide compensation to LendEDU. These commissions are how we maintain our free service for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear on our site.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
What we like:
Families who fancy unlimited rewards
|Intro Offer||Earn a $150 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening|
0% intro APR for first 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
|Rewards Rate||1.5% unlimited cash back on all purchases|
|Regular APR||15.24% – 25.24% variable|
Capital One Quicksilver Details
- The Capital One Quicksilver card offers an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
- You have the opportunity to earn a $150 cash bonus
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Virtual card numbers from Eno®, so you can protect yourself when shopping online
- 24-Hour Travel Assistance Services
- Chip technology
- 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers after account opening
- 15.24% – 25.24% variable APR after that
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24%
- With unlimited 1.5% cash-back policy, there’s no need to track rotating bonus categories.
- Cash-back rewards never expire, as long as your account is open.
- The sign-up bonus is easy to achieve
- No annual fee means you never need to worry about a minimum spending amount.
- Travel accident insurance, no foreign transaction fees, and 24-hour travel assistance makes this a great card to take on vacation.
- Virtual card number makes it safe and easy to shop online.
- There’s a 3% balance transfer fee, negating the value of the 0% APR introductory rate.
- You can find higher rewards rates on other cash-back credit cards.
- Receive a one-time cash bonus of $150 after you spend $500 within three months of opening your account.
- Every purchase in all spending categories earns you 1.5% cash back, with no annual limits.
- Pay 0% APR on your balance for 15 months after opening your account. However, be aware that there is a 3% balance transfer fee on any money you transfer to your account.
Recommended Credit Score
- The Capital One Quicksilver card is only available to people with good to excellent credit scores.
Our Thoughts on the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
If you’re searching for your next credit card, the Capital One Quicksilver credit card is a solid option to consider. Its lack of annual fee means anybody can use it to earn rewards regardless of their typical spending amount.
And its flexible rewards program means you can redeem cash back whenever you need it. Here’s a full rundown of all the perks of the Capital One Quicksilver card, as well as a few caveats you should consider before applying.
Capital One Quicksilver Benefits
All Capital One cash-back cards come with a host of benefits, including $0 Fraud Liability coverage, personalized security alerts for your account, mobile banking, and 24/7 access to customer service.
You will also get the benefits that come with World Elite MasterCard status. These benefits include extended warranty protection, complimentary concierge service, identity theft resolution services, travel upgrades, travel protection, and price protection.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards
The Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card allows you to earn cash back with all of your purchases. This is perhaps one of the biggest perks of being a cardholder. They will give you an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases that you make. There are no bonus categories to track and no limit to how much cash you can earn.
Cash back rewards never expire, and you can redeem them as a statement credit for any amount, whenever you want, without restrictions. Many other cards require you to earn a minimum amount before you can redeem your rewards.
You can also get an additional $150 sign-up bonus if you spend $500 within your first three months of being a cardholder.
Capital One Quicksilver Downsides
Balance Transfer Fees
Although the Capital One Quicksilver card comes with a 0% introductory APR, it’s not a great choice for balance transfers. That’s because you’ll have to pay a 3% balance transfer fee on any money you transfer from a different account.
If you’re looking for a good balance transfer card, you should consider the Citi Simplicity Card or the Discover It Balance Transfer card.
In addition to the balance transfer fee, cash advances also have a fee of 3% or $10, whichever is greater.
There are also late payment fees of up to $39, depending on where you live. However, you can avoid these fees by simply making your payment on time each month.
Capital One Quicksilver Credit Limit
If you’re approved for the Capital One Quicksilver credit card, the actual credit limit you’ll receive will vary based on your credit report. But according to Capital One, the minimum credit limit you’ll receive is $1,000. But since this card is mainly targeted toward people with great credit, your actual credit limit will likely be higher.
How it Compares to Similar Cards
The Capital One Quicksilver card is a great no-fee cash-back credit card. But If you’re looking to maximize your rewards, you may be able to earn more cash back from some other cash-back credit cards, such as the Citi Double Cash card, which offers 2% back, or the Bank of America Cash Rewards credit card, which offers 1% to 3% back.
That said, Citi’s card doesn’t come with a cash bonus during your first year, and Bank of America’s card only offers higher rewards rates in specific bonus categories, such as gas stations. So it really comes down to what you want.
If total compensation is your main priority, you should compare the Capital One Quicksilver card with the best credit cards. But if you’re looking for a simple card that’s flexible with rewards, the Capital One Quicksilver card may be your best bet.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know a bit more about the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, it is time to consider whether or not it is the right card for you. One of the biggest perks is that it has so many rewards without an annual fee. This really isn’t unheard of, but it is less common among cards these days.
It’s also a convenient card if you’re not the kind of person who likes to track spending categories for bonus rewards.
However, the card is mainly intended for people who have excellent credit. If you have a lower credit score, you may not be approved.
Not satisfied? Check out some of the best Capital One credit cards that we have reviewed.4.02 Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card
Author: Jeff Gitlen
Best Credit Cards by Type
Credit Cards by Brand